Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Problem averted

Problem averted as there was plenty of fusible web at the fair. I had been using Bondaweb, but they had Steam-a-Seam 2, and I think I'm converted as it was fairly handy. That said, any shop near me stocks Bondaweb, so I may get a supply of Steam-a-Seam for particular things.

Workshop went well on the first day, but I had so many problems with my machine the next! Yes, I know, only a bad work(wo)man blames their tools, but I had to change bobbin thread, top thread, tension, stitch length, re-thread several times... My thread kept jumping off the tensioner so all told the back is not very attractive, but for once I don't care. It's going onto my wall, right side out, so I don't care about the back.

Photos of quilts with pets seems de rigeur, so I thought I'd sign off with a photo of my helper, Winky. She may be 7, but she's a big kitten!

No comments:

Post a Comment